Here’s our quick guide to help create your What One Change video. Feel free to contact us if you want more info or advice.
- Think big! It’s not about how easy it is to achieve, so don’t let that stop you.
- Is this a root cause? Does it impact other issues, or is this just a symptom of something else?
- Be positive! This is about positive change, so… be positive!
- 5 minutes. No more.
- Keep it simple. Follow the 4-step structure below…
Structure your answer
- What’s the one change?
Open with a simple statement of the one change would you make. Start with “The one change I would make that would have the biggest positive impact on society, is…”
- How would this help?
What social problems would be solved by your one change? Now’s the time to list them, but you don’t have to go into detail – that’s next
- Give some examples
Now you can go into more detail about the impact your one change would have – but you need to be really convincing! Give some real life examples from your own experience, and back them up with statistics or research if you can. This is what will help people understand why your one change is important!
Close with a brief summary if you can. It’s your change to recap and really bring your message home.
Recording your video
The quality of your video is really important if you want to hold people’s attention. You don’t have to be a pro, but there are a couple of simple things you can do to make sure your message comes through loud and clear.
- Sound quality
Be sure to record in a quiet environment, with minimal background noise. If you can, adjust the recording volume to make your voice comes through loud and clear, without any hiss or buzz.
Something else to consider when choosing your place to video is how much light there is. The more light the better, and in general make sure the light is mainly in front of you, not behind you.
Editing and uploading
- 5 minutes should be the maximum length for your video, and it can be as short as you like!
- Start your video by presenting the question (What one change would have the biggest positive impact on society?) followed your your name and title. Please don’t use our logo.
- Export your video – HD is preferred e.g HD 720p (1280×720)
- Upload to your own account on YouTube or Vimeo (whichever you prefer).
- Title and tag your video. In your title include “What One Change” then your one change. For example: “What One Change – Equal education for all”.
That’s it – you’re done. Just send us the link so we can publish it and share it with everyone we know!